Like the unfolding of a flower, OB/GYN Nichelle Whitehead, MD, FACOG, IBCLC and Midwife Mary Langlois, LM, CPM, CrMSM, FCP came together in July of 2010, to offer a gentle, safe alternative for natural birth called Blossom Birth Center.
Blossom services provide a truly integrative and holistic approach to women’s wellness. We utilize methods from midwifery, obstetrics, gynecology, herbalism, bodywork, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, and much more. We encourage a woman’s innate ability to give birth, heal, and walk through life cycle transitions with strength and honor.
At Blossom Birth Center, we inspire women to make informed, evidence-based choices to support health and vitality. We offer gentle, respectful care for women’s wellness, pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum, Breastfeeding, FertilityCare Appreciation, Creighton Model System, and NaproTechnology. We use a holistic approach to the physical, emotional, and spiritual attributes of our clients. We give personalized care with respect and dignity that is woman-centered, needs-based and empowering.
Blossom Birth Center is the only alternative to a hospital that is Co-Owned by a Physician and Midwife. Our Medical Director, Nichelle Whithead, has privileges at St. Jospeh’s Hospital and Medical Center that is minutes away from Blossom. Her relationship with St. Joseph’s has ensured our clients receive the best care when needed by their physicians when she is not available. Blossom Birth Center is located in central Phoenix, directly North of Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Women-owned and operated with gentle, loving care for those who choose this option. Our collaborative practice is based on knowledge, experience, evidence, wisdom, and intuition.
Blossom Care Includes:
- Complimentary Phone Consultation
- Complete Medical History and Physical Exam
- Prenatal Care: compassionate, comprehensive, and family-centered
- Lab Work, Limited Ultrasound and Ultrasound Referrals
- Nutritional Counseling
- Complimentary Pregnancy Tonic Tea, Last Few Weeks Tea, Labor Tea, Postpartum Tea and Sitz Bath by Healing Earth Botanicals, owned by Diane Bajus, CNM, CNP, Midwife/Herbalist and Integrative Medicine Specialist. Diane has been a midwife for over 40 years and works with Blossom providing her many unique talents for our clients Including Nutritional IV’s and Sacred Birth Therapy. These teas are all organic and formulated to nourish each stage of pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
- All Blossom Clients receive an amazing Educational Program in their Client Portal containing in-depth information about pregnancy, labor, birth, breastfeeding, baby care, postpartum support, videos and so much more!
- Birth Balls, Peanut Balls
- Spinning Babies Support and Rebozo Bodywork
- Childbirth Education incorporated into most prenatal visits
- Lending Library available
- Labor and Birth Care
- Large tubs for Water Birth
- Birth Sling
- Birth Stool
- On-call 24 hours 7 days a week including all holidays
- Postpartum stay as needed usually 6 to 12 hours with a beautiful healthy meal
- Newborn Care
- Breastfeeding Support/Referrals
- Blossoming Mom’s Support Group
- Well-woman check-ups and pap smears
- FertilityCare Awareness with the Creighton Model System
- Early Parenting Support/Guidance
- Always available to listen
- Always a warm and caring heart free of charge
Let us guide, support and protect your pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Now you can use your insurance with Blossom
Blossom Birth Center’s Medical Director, Nichelle Whitehead, MD is contracted as an In-Network Provider with the following Insurance companies:
Blossom our Facility is contracted In-Network with Cigna and Blue Cross Blue Shield. For more information click here.
YES! Blossom is accredited!
The Mark of Quality – The Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers (CABC), using the standards of the American Association of Birth Centers (AABC), provides support, education, and accreditation to developing and existing birth centers.
The standards used for birth center accreditation are reviewed and revised on a regular basis, and Blossom Birth Center is extremely proud to have achieved this status.