Like the unfolding of a flower, OB/GYN Nichelle Whitehead, MD, and Midwife Mary Langlois, LM, CPM, CrMSM, FCP came together to offer a gentle alternative for natural birth called Blossom Birth and Wellness Center.
Blossom services provide a truly integrative and holistic approach to women’s wellness. We utilize methods from midwifery, obstetrics, gynecology, herbalism, bodywork, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, and much more. We encourage a woman’s innate ability to give birth, heal, and walk through life cycle transitions with strength and honor.
At Blossom Birth Center, we inspire women to make informed, evidence-based choices to support health and vitality. We offer gentle, respectful care for women’s wellness, pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum, FertilityCare Appreciation, Creighton Model System, and NaproTechnology. We use a holistic approach to the physical, emotional, and spiritual attributes of our clients. We give personalized care with respect and dignity that is woman-centered and empowering.
Blossom Birth Center is the only alternative to a hospital with our own physician “in-house.” If additional support is needed, we are only minutes from St. Joseph’s Hospital. Blossom Birth Center is located in central Phoenix, directly North of Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Women-owned and operated with gentle, loving care for those who choose this option. Our collaborative practice is based on knowledge, experience, evidence, wisdom, and intuition.
Blossom Care Includes:
- Complimentary Consultation and Blossom Tour
- Complete Medical History and Physical Exam
- Prenatal Care: compassionate, comprehensive, and family-centered
- Lab Work and Ultrasound Referrals
- Nutritional Counseling
- Birth Assistants
- All Blossom Clients receive an amazing binder containing in-depth information about pregnancy, labor, birth, breastfeeding, baby care, postpartum support and more!
- Birth Balls
- Childbirth Education incorporated into most prenatal visits
- Sibling Preparation/Participation
- Lending Library available
- Labor and Birth Care
- Water birth
- Birth Sling
- Birth Stool
- On-call 24 hours 7 days a week including all holidays
- 24 hour Physician Consultation and Referral
- Postpartum stay as needed
- Newborn Care
- Breastfeeding Support/Referrals
- Well-woman check-ups and pap smears
- Early Parenting Support/Guidance
- Always available to listen
- Always a warm and caring heart free of charge
Now you can use your insurance with Blossom
Blossom Birth Center’s Dr. Nichelle Whitehead, MD is contracted as an In-Network Provider with the following Insurance companies:
With on-going negotiations with:
If Blossom is not contracted with your insurance plan we are considered out-of-network. If you have insurance and would like Blossom to verify your insurance benefits you may call Blossom at (602) 256-7766 and we can take your information over the phone, or click here. Please allow Blossom 2 to 3 business days to contact you with your verification.
YES! Blossom is accredited!
The Mark of Quality – The Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers (CABC), using the standards of the American Association of Birth Centers (AABC), provides support, education, and accreditation to developing and existing birth centers.
The standards used for birth center accreditation are reviewed and revised on a regular basis, and Blossom Birth Center is extremely proud to have achieved this status.